5 Fun Ways to Drink Water
This didn’t mean I didn’t drink a lot during the day. I did. I just didn’t drink a lot of water.
In recent years, I’ve fixed this problem by always having a reusable water bottle on hand and by sometimes drinking water substitutes. Water substitutes are a different way to look at water. As such, I have complied a list of five favorite fun ways to drink water.
5 Fun Ways to Drink Water this Summer:
- Fruit Infused Water – Infused waters are easy to make, nutritious, and refreshing. Simply use any fresh fruit, herbs, and spices to turn your plain water into an energizing, flavored drink. Tip: refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor!
- Sun Tea – Sun Tea is probably the easiest way to make a water substitute. You need tea, water, and sun. Technically you don’t even need the sun! Hot, brewed tea can be caramel-like and creamy, and can make you even more dehydrated and hot. Sun, steeped tea is delicate and sweet, and can rehydrate and cool you down when served over a nice block of ice.
- Sparkling Water – Believe it or not, carbonated water is just as good for you as plain water. You can mix sparkling mineral water with PURE fruit juices to create a flavorful and refreshing alternative to soda.
- Natural Sports Drink – If you need to rehydrate during extreme physical activity, you often need more than water. You need added electrolytes. It’s easy enough to make your own sports drink without having to drink Gatorade with its mysterious “natural flavors” and artificial dyes.
- Fruit – Fruit is primarily composed of water. Watermelon is 92% water! Other fruits greater than 90% water include cantaloupe, grapefruit and strawberries. So, if you’re hungry and dehydrated grab a healthy fruit snack.