11 Ways to Make Your Philly Dates Eco-Friendly
Philadelphia’s on the fast track to becoming one of the greenest cities. You’ve carpooled, recycled all those shiny plastics and even made your dog eco-friendly. Before you can get to plan your green wedding, you gotta conquer another hurdle to lessen your carbon impact: dating. Dating can be done quite well with an eco-friendly touch.
Here are some ways to lessen your impact on the earth while getting to know someone a little bit better:
- First impressions do count. Dress to impress with some eco-friendly threads off Arcadia Boutique’s
- For a traditional first date dinner, dine on meat- free selections at Horizon’s fine vegan restaurant
- For a quick lunch, visit Maoz Vegetarian has delicious choices to top falafel pitas & other quick treats
- Support restaurants that use locally sourced food – check Philly Homegrown’s website for a complete list.
- Ditch the car: Make sure to take public transit, bike or walk to your Philly destinations
- Stroll under the stars & take a view of nature (preferably on a hill, grass or bench)
- Volunteer to plant trees, help a soup kitchen or other local non-profit
- View some local gardens & plants – either at a botanical garden or nature preserve, or Fairmount Park
- Choose eco-friendly brews that don’t travel too far from brewery to tap – such as Victory Brewing, Yards, Philadelphia Brewing Company, Nodding Head & more
- If you want to get physical, rent or ride a bike and hit one of Philly’s bike trails – Choose from the Schuylkill bike trails, Manayunk, or Valley Forge
- Enjoy the nice weather outside by bringing some organic cheese & local wine to a picnic.You can find many local choices of cheese and snacks from one of Philly’s many Farmers Markets.
Posted by Julie
Featured image: by Dave Meier